Regarded as a potent herb in combating various disorders and diseases – ranging from Alzheimer’s to cancer, arthritis to inflammations – Turmeric is no stranger to Indian cooking.
- Sprinkle turmeric powder on egg salads to lend it an even stronger yellow tinge.
- Blend brown rice with raisins and toasted almonds or cashews and flavour with turmeric, cumin seed powder and fresh chopped coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle turmeric on nutritious steamed cauliflower and/or string beans and shallots.
- For a smooth, savoury-rich, low-calorie dressing, you can make a unique blend with a pinch of turmeric, dried onion powder, teaspoon of mayo, all whipped with salt and pepper. Serve with lightly steamed cauliflower, celery sticks, red and yellow capsicum, steamed yam and broccoli.
- An easy to make salad/vegetable abundant in nutrients, chop cauliflower florets in half and add a teaspoon of turmeric. Sauté for five minutes, remove from heat and mix well with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.