Smaller but tastier, this fruit boast a variety of nutritional benefits from increasing digestive health to fighting cancer.
Here are some of them:-
1. 100 g berries provide just 43 calories.
2. They have high amounts of phenolic flavonoid phytochemicals such as anthocyanins, quercetin, gallic acid, cyanidins, pelargonidins, catechins, kaempferol and salicylic acid. Scientific studies have shown that these antioxidant compounds may have potential health benefits in treating cancer, inflammation and neurological diseases.
3. It is rich in magnesium that promotes cardiovascular health by allowing smooth passage of oxygen rich blood to the heart.
4. The soluble fibres help to reduce the level of Low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, also known as ‘bad’ cholesterol.
5. It also contains high amount of Vitamin C that helps to fight off colds.
So eat this juicy fruit for a healthy living!!
Image Source: http://bit.ly/KiSB8m