Caramel Custard is a flawless dessert that anyone would love.
It’s simple to make and a sheer delight to relish!
Here’s a 15 minute recipe!
For the custard
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
For the caramel
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup water
Method for the caramel:
1. Melt the sugar with little water on low heat until it turns deep brown and a thick honey-like syrup is obtained. Make sure you do not burn the sugar. This is the caramel.
2. While the caramel is still hot, pour it into the mould and keep aside.
For the custard:
1. Beat the eggs with sugar thoroughly.
2. Boil the milk and pour the milk into the egg-sugar mixture and beat vigorously until well blended. There should be no lumps.
3. Add the essence, beat once again and pour into the mould.
4. Cover the mould with a piece of aluminium foil. Bring down the foil on all sides and tie at the rim of the mould with string.
5. Steam cook the custard on very low heat for 30-45 minutes.
6. Now, remove the foil. Cool, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
7. Just before serving, cover the mouth of the mould with a plate. Quickly turn the mould over on to the plate and remove the mould slowly. Serve immediately!
Note: If you do not have aluminium foil, cut a thick paper into a circle that is 5cm larger than the mould. Grease well on both sides with some butter or refined oil.
Tip: To produce smooth texture custard, the mixture must be strained to remove bubbles then pour into mould gently.
Image Source – http://bit.ly/OC6ddw