Roasted and crushed nuts are often sprinkled over kulfis, biscuits, sweets and cakes.
However you can choose to enjoy them-shelled, unshelled, roasted or raw –any which ways, the pistachio possesses some powerful health benefits.
It is one snack that you don’t have to feel guilty munching on.
Pistachio nut oil features flavorful, pleasant nutty aroma and has excellent emollient properties.
It also helps to keep skin well protected from dryness.
It has been used in cooking as well as “carrier or base oil” in traditional medicines in massage therapy, aromatherapy, in pharmaceuticals, and cosmetic industry.
Here are few health benefits of pistachios mentioned below that may make you want to include them in your diet on a regular basis!
- A handful of pistachios could lower / destroy cholesterol.
- They are good for Your Eyes.
- They are good for Your Heart.
One of the easiest recipes involving pistachios is the ‘Pistachio Shake’.
3 tbsp unsalted raw Pistachio or Pista.
3 1/2 cup Milk.
6 – 8 Saffron or Kesar threads.
How to make a pistachio shake?
Follow the step by step procedure –
1. Cut 4 pistachios into silvers and set aside. Place the remaining in a blender, cover, and pulse several times to coarsely grind.
2. Add 1/2 cup milk and blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the jar with a spatula to free the nuts.
3. Slowly add 1 cup milk and blend for 1/2 a minute. Place the nut milk, remaining milk and saffron in a heavy- bottom pan over high heat.
4. Stirring constantly, bring to full boil. Froth the milk two more times, then remove it from the flame and stir in a sweetener until dissolved.
5. Place the strainer over the blender and pour in the milk. Partially cover and blend, starting at the low speed and increasing it to high, until the milk is frothing.
6. Pour into cups, sprinkle with pistachio silvers, and serve immediately.
7. Tastes better when chilled!
Image Source – http://bit.ly/TpEqlm