Don’t fret. We give you an easy chopsticks guide.
How to hold it:
- Hold the upper chopstick with the index finger, the middle finger, and the thumb.
- Put the other chopstick between the bottom of the thumb and the tip of the ring finger.
- Move the upper chopstick only when you pick up food.
Now that you are holding it correctly, bear in mind a few useful tips:
1. Always grab the chopsticks in the middle, making sure that the ends are even and do not cross.
2. When eating, always keep the bottom chopstick stationary and use the top chopstick to maneuver and pick up food.
3. For foods containing bones (such as chicken), hold the food with the chopsticks and eat around the bone.
4. When you are not using your chopsticks, or have finished eating, lay them down in front of you with the tips to left.
5. Use your chopsticks to cut up pieces of food too large to fit into the mouth in one bite.
Remember, practice makes perfect. Try your hand at it and ‘Chop’ Away!!!
Image Source: http://bit.ly/WJ3Zwy