To start off, choose a place that best suits your comfort and leisure, preferably an open space to avoid congestion due to the smoke. Once a place is decided, select an appropriate date that suits everyone’s convenience. Make a check list as follows and assign duties respectively.
- Make a list of the people to be invited.
- Arrange for the grill, skewers, coal and kerosene required. Incase you do not have a grill do not be disheartened as you can do the same using red bricks in a rectangular arrangement, keeping the top open and the coal inside the open space.
- If you are planning to use wooden skewers, be sure to dip it in water before using them.
- Meat lovers – make sure you decide and arrange for the meat (prawns, chicken or goat meat). Marinade the meat overnight, before the day of the party.
- Vegetarians, don’t be disheartened, you too have plenty of options- use cottage cheese (paneer), capsicum, mushrooms, broccoli, onions, tomatoes, etc.
- Get the beverages (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) and keep it in the fridge. Arrange for an ice box and on the day of the party transfer all the beverages into the same.
- Arrange for the music system and lights ( if required )
- Buy the required number of paper plates and glasses.
- Chop the required vegetables on the day itself so as to avoid the stale taste.
- Set up the barbeque well in advance to avoid the wrath of hungry guests.
- Set up a table with the drinks and other snacks for self service along with the ice box.
- Place a disposable bag at every corner.
- Remember different meat takes different cooking time. So make sure it is cooked to perfection as over or under cooked meat is a sure let down.
- Make sure that the person well versed with the barbeque set up is there at all times.
Image Source: http://bit.ly/UBw4Ui