Zee Khana Khazana takes you away from the standard Christmas sweets and brings back traditions with gingerbread cookies. Here’s the recipe of this classic Christmas treat.
Ingredients: 3 cups flour, 1½ tsps baking powder, ¾ tsp baking soda, salt to taste, 1 tbsp ground ginger, 1¾ tsps ground cinnamon(dal chini), ¼ tsp ground cloves(elaichi),6 tbsps unsalted butter(margarine), ¾ cup brown sugar,1 egg, ½ cup honey,2 tsps vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves and mix well.
- In another bowl beat the butter, brown sugar, and egg on medium speed until well blended.
- Add in the honey and vanilla extract and continue to mix.
- Mix the baking powder mixture to the honey mixture and make soft dough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and keep it at room temperature for at least 2 hours( not in the fridge).
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Place the dough on a floured surface of baking paper and roll it (Make sure to apply flour to the roller to avoid sticking and do not roll it too thin).
- Cut out cookies with cookie cutters and place them at a distance from each other on another baking paper.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool till firm.
- Decorate with icing & candies of your choice.
Image Source: http://bit.ly/ZimjmX