Ever wondered what to do when your cake has gone wrong or there’s still some more left?
Here’s a perfect idea that turns your cake into a perfect treat and a perfect give away!
Ingredients: 1 whole dark chocolate cake (or any cake of your choice), 225 gms softened cream cheese or pureed cottage cheese (paneer),2 cups icing sugar,4 tbsp butter,1 tbsp milk (or more, if necessary)
1) Break the cake into a large bowl and crumble it with forks or your fingers.
2) In a separate bowl, whip the cream cheese, butter, icing sugar, and milk together until smooth. Pour into the cake crumbs and mix with a spoon.
3) Continue mixing with your fingers and check to see if it will roll into a ball. Add more milk if it does not.
4) When the mix is completely done, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
To make the cake pops you need:
Lollipop sticks (available at store), 340 gms chocolate chips (white or dark), colored sugars, candies, and other decorative sprinkles.
1) Take out the dough from the fridge and roll small balls. Insert the lollipop sticks in each ball and place them on a sheet of baking paper.
2) Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler on the stove. Holding the stick, dip each ball into the chocolate until covered.
3) Dip in sugar, coconut, sprinkles, or anything else you’d like to decorate with. Put it back on the sheet.
4) Once all the lollipops are done place it in the fridge.
5) Serve these delicious treats as a festive giveaway.
Image source: http://bit.ly/10hoN4p