Follow this simple recipe to a slurrpylicious cake and you are sure to win lots of compliments!
1 cup maida
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup low fat milk
1 tsp baking pwd
1 large egg
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 tbsps butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
4-5 pineapple slices (tinned and drained or fresh)
6-7 glazed cherries
1) Prepare the topping by melting butter in a pan and then add brown sugar. The sugar melts and forms froth. Cook on medium flame for a minute and pour into a round baking mould greased with flour. Over this layer, place pineapple slices or rings. In the centre of these rings place a cherry each. Keep aside. Preheat oven to 175 C.
2) Sieve baking powder, maida and salt in a bowl.
3) In another bowl, whisk together butter and sugar using a hand blender to make a smooth creamy mixture. Add the beaten egg and blend well.
4) Add vanilla essence and whisk again
5) Add the maida mixture part by part alternating with milk. Beat the mixture only till you see no trace of flour.
6) Pour batter over the pineapple topping layer.
7) Bake in preheated oven for 45 min or insert a toothpick to check if it comes out clean. If it does, your cake is ready.
8) Cool it, slice it and serve at room temperature.
Just one look at the cake and you know why it is so popular!
Image Source : bit.ly/dmY856